Friday, April 23, 2010

Bag replacement

Since I will not be owning a Chanel bag any time soon, I thought I'd settle for something that was inspired by the classic quilted, chain strap design.

I found something that is a hybrid of the Chanel Reissue 2.55 (with the Mademoiselle lock) & the Chanel classic Maxi Flap (CC logo lock):

+

inspired bag =
I think it's cute, and I much prefer "inspired" designs NOT to try to imitate logos and moreover go for the design.  I found this at a Japanese fashion boutique in West LA called "Rimo" (non-pushy staff with great fashion that I love to drool over from browsing Japanese magazines) for ~$40. This in no way even comes close to the quality of material or workmanship of an authentic Chanel bag, but for a hefty fraction of the price I won't complain.

2 comments:

  1. wow, nice! looks just like the real thing and for $40, can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment! i totally did not see this til now. just figured out how to turn on my comments notifications. this was totally a sweet find. i know i saw them online as well... just google "quilted chain purse". here's something similar: http://jaccofashion.com/store/products/Designer-Celebrity-Soft-Quilted-Metal-Chain-Black-Purse-Bag.html

    ReplyDelete