Thursday, January 14, 2010

A concern


photo taken on my visit 11-11-2004


I drive past the Getty Museum just about everyday and have been noticing a lone woman standing at its entrance with a large sign lately.

Last week, it has something that read along the lines of:

"Getty violates employee civil rights" and the flipside of it read "Take away Getty's non-profit tax status"

This week it was:

"Violence against women in the workplace is NEVER acceptable."

I tried to Google some kind of protest going on to be better educated, but--alas--there is nothing!

It is a bit concerning, since I love the Getty's architecture and art so much, but I don't think I could support an institution that lets violence against women/civil rights issues slide under the door.

Does anyone have any information they can share?

No comments:

Post a Comment