Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nude heaven

I found them, I finally found them! THE perfect nude (aka MY flesh tone) pumps!  I've been waiting, and waiting, and searching, and waiting (literally for 2 years) for the perfect nude pair of classic pumps.  Pumps for "any occasion" that create the illusion of elongating your legs. Perfect stick stiletto, perfect platform, perfect roundish almond toe.

New from Aldo is the "Destime" in Bone ($90.00 dropped from $100.00 when I first saw them)
Ahhhh! I went to the store today to go try them in my size (EU 35 - US 5), but to my dismay that size is only for special order in that style!  So I had the salesperson get me the 6 so I could try them on just to see how it'd look on my feet, the height, and the color...it was LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.  It's not suede, it's not patent, but a soft buffed leather. I didn't want suede because I don't really feel like it's a spring/summer fabric (PERSONALLY--although I'm sure there are others who would disagree wholeheartedly, but this is my opinion) and I don't like the durability of suede.  I thought I wanted patent leather, but then I saw some other styles in real life with patent "nudes" and noticed streaking from when you accidentally slide your shoes together and scratches showing up more on the display. 

Anyhow, I bought them (in store, free shipping!) with a 10% VIP e-mail sign up coupon from their website and they are on their way home to my feet... excitement!

1 comment: