Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Coastal Colors

Say hello to my newest makeup addition, Coastal Scents 88 Palette:




After watching a great many makeup tutorial videos on YouTube with people using this one, I finally settled on Coastal Scents 88 Palette to order and try out.  I don't normally do a lot of funky, crazy colors, but I thought that every girl should have a palette with color in case if she ever wanted to try it out for fun ^_^

I bought mine from Amazon instead of the official website (www.coastalscents.com) because I was buying a study guide for school anyway and decided I should take advantage of the free shipping & no tax ($18.95).  The package was nicely wrapped tight with bubble wrap and an Airpac.  No chipped or broken pots! Plus+

The pots are small though, as demonstrated by the dime I placed on the clear plastic sheet it came with to protect the pots from debris.  BUT, the oh BUT, the color payoff is Great (make sure you prime before applying)! Great pigment with just a little bit dabbed on my brushes.

I did a quick stupid eye makeup session and did one eye "ocean" colors and the other "sunset" colors--although I should've added more orange. Here are my webcam pictures:
...and my fobby punch-in-the-face+puffy face pose. LOL
I am using my Smashbox black gel? pot eyeliner and some great Japanese mascara. Lip gloss is by Goldie (bought from Bath & Body Works, but no longer carried by them) in some hot pinkish color.

No comments:

Post a Comment