Friday, March 2, 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter

L to R: Tutti Fruiti, Cotton Candy, Peach Parfait, Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie

A good friend of mine Instagram'd a photo of these Lip Butters a little while back so I waited for some sales and coupons so I could pick up some to try for myself from my local CVS.  I would describe these as a hybrid between a lipstick and a lip balm... or like a lip gloss without the stickiness.  These babies really go on smooth and make your lips feel hydrated. I always put on some lip balm (eos for me) before putting anything else on my lips just for good measure.  If your lips are cracked and dry to start with, I think the pigment will start to settle into those lines. So, my advice would be to: (1) drink lots of fluids to stay hydrated, and (2) use lip balm underneath!

A little blurb of what I'd describe the colors as (what cute names!):

Tutti Fruiti: a sheer coral-to-orange with a hint of peachy shimmer
Cotton Candy: a pale, almost creamy pink with a golden shimmer
Peach Parfait: a medium-light peachy pink with a golden shimmer (great for every day!)
Pink Truffle: this is what I would call my personal "my natural lip color, but better" shade - I really like this one ! It's a medium brown-pink with a teeny hint of pink shimmer
Berry Smoothie: a medium magenta pink with pink and gold shimmer

I had also purchased Cupcake, but didn't really like it so I returned it quickly thereafter.  Sorry, no swatch for that. It was just too pastel-creamy pink for my lip/skin tone and a little too close to Cotton Candy (which I liked way better anyway) for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment